I have yet to purchase my copy of Leopard, but from a couple of comments on one of my previous posts on the XU870 and Tiger upgrades. It appears that upgrading to Leopard also breaks XU870 support outside the US for the unwary.
I found a helpful post of a German Mac users Google group. Roughly translated (courtesy of Google translator):
The WWAN upgrade in Leopard is not optional (i.e. you can not turn if off), so after you upgrade you need to delete the following files:
- / System / Library / Extensions / IOSerialFamily.kext / Contents / Plugins / AppeVerizonSupport.kext
- / System / Library / Extensions / IOSerialFamily.kext / Contents / Plugins / AppeVerizonSupportKicker.kext
- / System / Library / Extensions / IOSerialFamily.kext / Contents / Plugins / AppeWWANSupport.kext
- / System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppeWWANSupport1.kext
- / System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppeWWANSupport2.kext
Then empty the trash, uninstall the Novatel Merlin XU870 driver and then reinstall them, restart the computer and everything should work.