It is easy, I am blogging while waiting for my lunch. But it also has a few challenges, wordpress is not pretty or intuitive on IE on WM5, the keystroke combinations to enter HTML is painful, cutting and pasting from other windows difficult, but it can be done, so expect more mobloggig from me.
Archive for the 'wordpress' Category
I just changed hosts and the rewriting of URLs for WordPress stopped working. I assumed a .htaccess or mod_rewrite where problem, but I have not had any problems with the other five blogs that I have set up on via Reseller Zoom account. So after scratching my head this morning. I got home, upgraded my version of WordPress to the latest version and that fixed the problem.
Some people who listen to podcast or read the transcript (both available soon) of my presentation on Accessibility Law in Australia to the Perth Web Standards Group may think I was downplaying the importance of accessibility law (the Disability Discrimination Act 1992) in Australia. That was not my intention, what I wanted to do was reflect the current situation.
Very few people make complaints about website accessibility in Australia…
If you haven’t noticed this site has had a CSS reboot and a little tweaking of the WordPress templates. It is a partially a proof of concept (or failure in concept if you use a Mac) and very much a work in progress. Let me know if find any problems and please stretch the pages by varying your browser width (and the header still looks good at 300% @ 3000 pixels).
Helping set up a web site for the Peel Districts Mountain Bike Club, … the club also wanted a forum, …, I chose phpBB, easy to install and getting running with a heap of templates to choose from. Everything was running smoothly until it came time to customise the forum and website to look seamless. Every phpBB template I looked at was table based. Which is a problem for me:…
The actual upgrade was quick and painless, the painful bit was trying to sort out some IE interpretations of my CSS. Unlikely it was the upgrade to WP2 that caused the problem, it was more likely the fact that I do not always check my changes in IE, today was the exception.
I have found a solution to problem with WordPress 2.0 doing converting unicode such as > into >. It is turn off the rich text editor and the automatically correcting HTML options in the profile section and make sure you select apply. Unfortunately with Safari 1.3 you get no visual clues as to whether the rich text editor is on or off…
WordPress 2.0 has some good features, the quality of the HTML it pumps has improved and the rich text editor with it’s pop up tinyMCE html source editor is just the thing a hand coder like me adores. However, there are also a couple of concerns.
Looks like I have found what I will be doing over the four day Xmas break, giving WordPress 2.0 Release Candidate3 a spin.